[Twisted-Python] Spread or SOAP

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 09:40:32 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm new to Twisted and just discovered it today. It looks to be amazing
and versatile. I want to use the Twisted Web server to receive an HTTP POST
and when the POST comes in, I want to relay a message to another object that
happens to be running on the same physical machine (although in the future
it may not be running on the same machine). The message that will be sent
will contain some basic data. To do this, should I use Spread with the
Perspective Broker for interobject communication (can I even do this from,
say, a cgi application in Twisted Web server), or should I do something a
bit more fancier such as using SOAP?

Thank you for any suggestions -- I am really happy to see (initially at the
surface before I dig into it further) all of the capabilities of Twisted as
I think Python is a really great language!

Sincerely,

Sergio