[Twisted-Python] Twisted.Persisted ~ ZODB

Eugene Coetzee projects at reedflute.com
Thu Jul 1 16:30:39 EDT 2004

Hi,

Being new to both Twisted and ZODB and not finding too much info on
Twisted.Persisted by googling I have decided to post this question.

I have also noticed a few projects running Twisted "on top of"  ZODB as
it were.

I get the impression that Twisted.Persisted is more of an utility
add-on  to Twisted whereas ZODB is a full fledged object database.

Still - I  would very much like to  use Twisted.Persisted for trancient
data/metadata in a new project I'm tackling cause it is always good to
minimize dependencies and I know I can use postgreSQL with Twisted for
heavy duty stuff - which I still believe a better option than OODB.

How does Twisted.Persisted  compare to ZODB - if such a comparison can
be made? Any other OODB's to be considered for use with Twisted?

I would also very much appreciate some links to on-line docs/examples
regarding Twisted.Persisted if they exist.

kind regards,

Eugene Coetzee

Web                 -> www.reedflute.com