[Twisted-Python] Twisted-Web: Authenticating a usersite-wide ??

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jan 3 20:52:51 EST 2004

Thomas Weholt wrote:

> Ok, then this might sound stupid, but if I got my server running on an
> ADSL-line using a dynamic DNS-service, should I then use the dynamic
> DNS-name or ... ???

Yes.

> What if this was to run on a LAN? What then?

Use the name by which the server is known on the LAN, whether
that's by means of an /etc/hosts (or windows/hosts, or whatever) mapping
file, or by using SMB name lookup, or whatever.  For example, our
intranet server is called just "intranet", though that happens to
translate to 192.168.0.42 most of the time...

-Peter