[Twisted-Python] automating startup of twistd application.

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Fri Jan 2 06:55:12 EST 2004

I have a twistd daemon that runs a custom application (.tap). When
starting up the daemon I have to enter the root password and a
passphrase for SSL interactively from the console (the app runs a
twisted web server for HTTP and HTTPS).

Because I want to do some automatic maintenace tasks I need to be able
to start and stop the daemon from a script. Unfortunately I have
little knowledge of Linux and the twistd daemon/application and need
some input on how to attack this problem.