[Twisted-Python] PB over SSH

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri Feb 27 10:57:02 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 20:39, John Landahl wrote:
> I've hacked up a working implementation of PB over SSH (Conch) if anyone
> is interested.  It's a convienient way to have both transport security
> and authentication for PB sessions.

PB over SSH is... a good idea, but not the way to implement this, exactly.

What you'd want is a SSH *transport*. It would allow you to run any
twisted protocol over an existing conch SSH connection, transparently,
just as you can run over TCP or SSL. In addition this transport should
provide a credential object tied to the logged in user so you can use it
with cred transparently. Plus a  SSH-to-TCP gateway transport that lets
you listen or connect using the SSH portforwarding support.

Once you've built this, PB over SSH is probably 10 lines of code.