[Twisted-Python] Components

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Feb 27 10:03:02 EST 2004

At 08:16 AM 2/27/04 -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>>However, I am not sure, because I can't figure out what PEAK as a whole
>>is really for.  The likely source of an explanation,
>>http://peak.telecommunity.com/Articles/WhatisPEAK.html
>>seems awfully vague.  What is the problem that PEAK was designed to
>>solve, exactly?  Clearly it was difficult, because there was a lot of
>>solution :)
>
>Yeah, reading PEAK's web site is pretty amusing. otoh, our own web copy,
>while less 'professional', is also pretty lame :-)

Pot, I'd like to introduce you to my friend Kettle.  :)

Seriously, all of this boils down to the distutils.  If we could do
CPAN-like dependencies, neither Zope nor Twisted nor PEAK would have these
vague handwavy marketing materials.  We'd all have a list of things that
people could download, each with far-less-handwavy descriptions.  And we'd
be reusing a lot more of each other's stuff, I imagine.