[Twisted-Python] Problems running Twisted

James Gregory james at james.id.au
Sun Feb 22 20:06:40 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 22:04, Phil Hunt wrote:
> On Friday 20 Feb 2004 10:06 am, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:48:32AM +0000, Phil Hunt wrote:
> > > I'm trying to set up a (very simple) web server using Twisted.
> > > Python complains that it can't import twisted.web:
> > >
> > >    Traceback (most recent call last):
> > >      File "teg1.py", line 3, in ?
> > >        from twisted.web import server, resource
> > >    ImportError: No module named twisted.web
> > >
> > > I've previously installed Twisted by running:
> > >
> > >    $ python setup.py install
> > >
> > > which I thought would install all the modules and put them correctly
> > > in the PYTHONPATH (tell me if this isn't true).
> >
> > It should... what platform are you on?
>
> Python 2.3.3 on Mandrake 9.1.

Mandrake 9.1 didn't ship with Python 2.3.3, so you're either running a
version that someone compiled (or otherwise installed covertly), or
you're actually running cooker. In the latter case, there's rpms of
Twisted available to you. Try this:

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/mandrake-devel/cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2/python-twisted-1.1.1-1mdk.noarch.rpm

(or a mirror near you).

However, I mirror the sentiments later in this thread about filing a
bug.

HTH,

James.