[Twisted-Python] Meaning of "Asynchronous networked applications"

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Wed Dec 15 10:43:08 EST 2004

My PyGTA presentation from a few months ago tries to provide some
background on what asynchronous programming in Twisted is.  It contrasts
asynchronous programming models with various other approaches to
parallelising code:
    http://www.vrplumber.com/programming/twistedlowlevel05.pdf
In short, Twisted represents one of many possible approaches to the
problem of "waiting in parallel", that is, multiplexing events so that
while a given process is blocked on (for instance) input/output/network
operations, other operations can continue.

Good luck,
Mike

praba mosas wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I want to know about the following
>concept "Asynchronous networked applications".
>Actuall meaning of twisted.
>        " it   is a framework for Asynchronous
>networked applications ".  So I want to know
>specially about Asynchronous networked applications.
>If anybody know regarding this please clear doubts
>with small example. I have confusion regarding
>this.
>
>regards
>Prabahar

  Mike C. Fletcher