[Twisted-Python] Using Windows active directory for Single Sign-on

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Dec 8 10:03:04 EST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 21:38:12 -0500, Michael Schneider <michaelschneider at fuse.net> wrote:
>Hello All,
>
> I am trying to leverage Windows Active Directory (Kerberos based) on a
> client, for
> a single sign on. Then running a proccess as that users on a twisted daemon.
>

> Is there some example code for
> 	- obtaining initial certificate
> 	-  verifying certificate on twisted
> 	- executing process as user under twisted

  For those of us ignorant about Windows Active Directory,

    - what kind of certificate?  where does it come from?  does a win32 API provide it?  what's Windows Active Directory anyway, and how does it relate to your Twisted app?

    - what kind of verification?  do you need to check it against another certificate?  if so, where does that one come from?  do you need to check a signature on it?  if so, who is supposed to have signed it?  are there win32 APIs for these things?

  Regarding the last point, Twisted has one API for launching subprocesses, `reactor.spawnProcess()'.  It works on Windows, but I don't think it supports running processes as other users on Windows.

  Jp