[Twisted-Python] Installation problems

orbitz orbitz at ezabel.com
Fri Dec 3 21:43:31 EST 2004

You can either just untar the twisted to someplace like
/opt/local/Twisted and add that dir to your PYTHONPATH everywhere, or
use darwinports to install. If you choose darwinports the instance of
python it installs is in /opt/local, and the default one is in /usr/bin
or something so you'll have to do some fiddling to use the  python it
installs by default.  I choose the PYTHONPATH way myself, I like to just
be able to get the latest changes to twisted via subversion or what not
and keep all of the documentation and files together.

I have not tried to use the setup file, never really found a need for it.

Hope this helps somewhat.