[Twisted-Python] Twisted is now under the MIT license.

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Aug 25 15:18:37 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>  1) All contributions or inclusions must be MIT licensed.
>  1.a) If you want to include someone else's code in Twisted, it still
> has to be MIT licensed, but keep their own copyright notice intact.
>  2) Anybody who's a contributor and wants their name listed as a
> copyright holder can have their name added to the LICENSE file (I
> copied everyone from CREDITS into LICENSE initally).

Can you clarify this a bit? If individual contributions are now
copyright their original author, surely 2 only applies to Twisted code
as it stood at the time of your last commits.

Copyright can't be blanket asserted in the LICENSE file over code that
is added after that point.  Or am I misunderstanding what the LICENSE
file is saying?

-Mary