[Twisted-Python] Architecture question for multiple client connections (longish)

Eugene Coetzee projects at reedflute.com
Wed Aug 11 15:04:57 EDT 2004

>This requires a special server factory that stores a list of the client
>protocol factories, and a special client factory that stores the last
>protocol instance it returned.  It seems like there must be a better way to
>accomplish this - perhaps without making a factory for each client protocol,
>which seems inelegant.
As far as I understand the Twisted framework this is what
twisted.application.internet is for - each protocol is then added to an
application as a service.

see the example at :

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/tutorial/factory :
"Note that one factory (in this case, a site) can listen on multiple
ports with multiple protocols."