[Twisted-Python] Echo Server woes

Eugene Coetzee projects at reedflute.com
Wed Aug 4 14:16:35 EDT 2004

Britt Green wrote:

>I wanted to rewrite it so that it would repeat things a line at a
>time, as opposed to a chracter at  a time. After playing with the code
>and getting nowhere, someone on IRC helped me out by telling me I
>should use the LineReceiver class from twisted.protocols.basic. What
>has me stuck is trying to figure out how to use LineReceiver's
>dataReceived() method as opposed to the identically named one on the
>example page. I can't really figure out what class the example's
>dataReceived() method comes from.

LineReceiver inherits from Protocol. See :

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.internet.protocol.Protocol.html

Both defines a method dataReceived().

You can also play around with LineReceiver's LineMode() and RawMode(). Try placing a print statement in your ||rawDataReceived| <http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.protocols.basic.LineReceiver.html#rawDataReceived>|() method (but remember to call superclass method LineReceiver.rawDataReceived() first)

regards,

Eugene

Reedflute Software Solutions

Web                 -> www.reedflute.com