[Twisted-Python] Is multicast supported on windows platform?

Pierre Rouleau prouleau at impathnetworks.com
Thu Apr 29 00:36:53 EDT 2004

Hi everyone!

I am just starting to learn Twisted.
My first attempt is to write a small client app that will join to  a
multicast group and then read the receive stream.  The code would have
to run on Windows and *nix.

As I'm reading the docs and browsing the code I stumbled across the
twisted.internet.udp MulticastMixin docstring that states:

class MulticastMixin:
     """Implement multicast functionality.

     Initial implementation, probably needs some changes for Windows

My first question therefore:  "is multicast supported under Windows?"

Thanks for any help.