[Twisted-Python] PB and hashed passwords

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 23 08:49:16 EDT 2004

I got PB over SSL working by installing OpenSSL and pyOpenSSL, generating
my own pem by following the instructions at
http://tirian.magd.ox.ac.uk/~nick/openssl-certs/personal.shtml#apache-keys,
and adding the following code on the server-side.

from twisted.internet.ssl import DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory
from OpenSSL.SSL import SSLv23_METHOD

cf = os.path.join(sibpath(__file__, 'ssl'), 'ratcontrol.pem')
pf =  os.path.join(sibpath(__file__, 'ssl'), 'ratcontrol.pem')
sslFactory = DefaultOpenSSLContextFactory(cf, pf, SSLv23_METHOD)

[....]

    #svc = internet.TCPServer(config['pbport'], factory)
    svc = internet.SSLServer(config['pbport'], factory,
    contextFactory=sslFactory)

On the client-side I added the following.

from twisted.internet import ssl

[....]

    #reactor.connectTCP(server, config.pbPortNumber, factory)
    reactor.connectSSL(server, config.pbPortNumber, factory,
    ssl.ClientContextFactory())

Of course I can't get any of this to work on Windows because there isn't
any reactor that supports SSL and spawnProcess.  :-(

-Justin