[Twisted-Python] twisted and interactive/command driven input

exarkun at divmod.com exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Apr 20 22:44:57 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:58:41 -0000, "Ellers" <ellers at ellerton.net> wrote:

> [snip]
>
> I've got a basic interactive shell going on its own no probs,
> and as mentioned I've got a separate basic twisted client going
> too.
>
> Can anyone point me at examples or tips on how to use twisted
> for handling the socket comms and still allow interactivity
> with the user?

  An example of handling stdin input asynchronously is available here:

    http://svn.twistedmatrix.com/cvs/trunk/doc/examples/stdin.py?view=markup&rev=9701&root=Twisted

  It does not demonstrate how to combine handling stdin input and dealing with sockets, but since nothing special is required for that combination, it should get you going in the right direction.

  Jp