[Twisted-Python] Progress report on splitting packages

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Tue Apr 20 16:16:55 EDT 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 9:34 AM, Thomas Mangin wrote:

> I will repeat that I think that
> <basename>.<protocol>(.<implementation>)+
> basename :: twisted, foobar, other
> protocol :: nntp, ldap, mail, ...
> implementation ::  lowdown, smtp, pop3, ..

This makes no sense to me, and as itamar said is unlikely to be

First of all, nntp and ldap are the same kind of thing as smtp and pop3
- protocols.

Second, twisted.words, for example, is explicitly multiprotocol.  I
suppose if we wanted to be boring, we could call it
twisted.multiprotocolchatserver.ircgateway, but IMHO "words" is