[Twisted-Python] Progress report on splitting packages

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Tue Apr 20 10:57:26 EDT 2004

On Apr 19, 2004, at 10:17 PM, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> What are the problems you allude to with keeping "twisted.news"?  I was
> under the impression that Zope 3 is planning to go this route.

I'd like to hear more about this. I think it is valuable to Twisted's
image to keep all the projects inside a top-level namespace. While
these may be different projects/apps, they aren't completely separate:
they're all built by the same group of people, for use with the Twisted
framework. Also I hope the latest release of all twisted products will
be available as one large tarball/windows installer for people who
don't want to think about it.

Using twisted.* would be better if twisted.core was in twisted.core but
even without that the name sounds fine to me.

So, can it not be done technically?