[Twisted-Python] Connection close identifier

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Apr 7 11:29:29 EDT 2004

Daniel Henrique Debonzi wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have a server-client system where sometimes the server closes the
> connection and sometimes client closes connection.
> In each situation I must do diferent things.
>
> Is there a way to know in connectionLost method who closes the connection??
>
> I have already look in the reason atribute, but it seems to the same in
> both cases.

I don't know if there's a Better Way, but presumably you already know
who closed the connection, because _someone_ is calling loseConnection.
In the code that calls loseConnection, say self.I_closed_the_connection
= True, or something like that, and then you can check for that flag in
connectionLost.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/