[Twisted-Python] Twisted and Zope3 components systems

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Apr 4 11:55:21 EDT 2004

At 04:17 AM 4/4/04 -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>>>Chris, does this mean twisted won't be looking to integrate with
>>>PyProtocols and/or PEAK?
>>
>>AIUI, yep. However, the flexibility of zope3's components system will
>>hopefully make pyprotocols support for Twisted/Zope components easier and
>>more robust.
>
>PyProtocols doesn't have any issues dealing with Twisted and/or Zope3
>interfaces.. It's vice versa that is the problem, because PyProtocols is
>the most flexible of the three and was designed to be able to interoperate
>with other adaptation frameworks.

This is good news for me, because supporting Twisted's interfaces was a big
PITA.  Zope X3 interfaces support a much larger subset of PyProtocols
functionality, and recent versions of Zope X3 have moved towards better PEP
246 compatibility, as well as "stealing" many good implementation ideas
from PyProtocols.

But it sounds like I will need to keep supporting the old interfaces for a
while, yes?