[Twisted-Python] twisted.news adbapi backend

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Fri Sep 26 19:10:09 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:55:01PM -0400, Stephen C. Waterbury wrote:
> I'm guessing this has never been used (at least with
> pyPgSQL, anyway), since it has a function listRequest
> defined thusly:

> [snip]
>
> ... but PostgreSQL doesn't implement a COALESCE command.

  Indeed.  I developed it while I was still using MySQL.

  I was surprised to read that PostgreSQL doesn't implement COALESCE, so I
checked the docs.  They claim it has been supported since 6.5.  Are you
running an expecially old version? :)

> And my next guess would be that it's never been tested,
> either.  Correct?

  Probably not.  I certainly haven't, and the unit test coverage for this
backend is non-existent.  I was tempted to remove it a long time ago, but
decided to leave it in in case anyone wanted to build on top of it.

  It's probably not great database code.  Deprecating it now and removing it
in a while sounds like a good idea.

  Jp

--
Python/C/Linux/Smalltalk/Java
Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming, Neural Networks