[Twisted-Python] Release notes for 1.0.7
itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Sep 15 23:24:20 EDT 2003
Please email me anything I missed so I can fix before I email c.l.p and
What's New in 1.0.7
- Client Jabber support.
- twisted.xish, an XML package supporting a DOM-like API and a
- Woven web templating toolkit is now much faster, and no longer
supports the interim APIs it had during development.
- Security tightening in the web server, especially on Windows.
- XML-RPC server is now easier to extend, and can publish the XML-RPC
introspection API as an option.
- Working minimum and maximum sizes for database connection pools.
- New connection API for Perspective Broker, allowing easy SSL
support, reconnection, etc..
- Better lenient HTML parsing in microdom.
- Many improvements to mail protocols (SMTP, POP3, IMAP).
- Continued switch to updated cred unified authentication backend
in the various protocols supported by Twisted.
- SOAP support now requires SOAPpy 0.10.1 or later.
- mailmail, a replacement for the common usage of command-line
- Bug fixes, documentation improvements, more tests.
More information about the Twisted-Python