[Twisted-Python] Magical Disappearing Transport

Linden Wright lwright at mac.com
Mon Sep 8 02:25:55 EDT 2003

Hi -
I have a client factory and protocol written for TCP connections, and
whenever I try to transport.write(), it tells me that the transport ==
None. The only time that I can successfully transport.write() is in my
protocol's connectionMade method. My protocol inherits from
protocol.Protocol, my factory inherits from protocol.ClientFactory, and
otherwise, my code pretty much follows the examples.
What causes the transport to be set to None?
I feel like I'm missing something very basic, and I'm new to twisted,
so I probably am. =)
Thanks,
Linden