[Twisted-Python] Woven and deferreds in controllers.

Syver Enstad syver at inout.no
Thu Oct 30 15:20:11 EST 2003

I've heard on this list that it is possible to use deferreds in
controllers. Let's say I have a page class that needs to load a
deferred object before any of it's wmfactory_ methods make any
sense. What I have done previously is to store the deferred and chain
new deferreds on every wmfactory method and return them instead of a
real value. If deferred in controlers work the way I hope I could load
the actual domain object from the deferred and store it in my page
class before any of the wmfactory methods are called which would be
nice.

So my question is how do I use a controller for this (if it is
possible). Btw. I've yet to upgrade to 1.1 because the application is
still using the old cred system.