[Twisted-Python] twisted.web and MySQLdb

Rene Dudfield illumen at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 12:33:14 EST 2003

ecn at metaslash.com wrote:

> > Can you qualify "long time"?  And what's the bottleneck?  At the scale
> > of 100K or so function calls, Python isn't egregiously slow, certainly
> > not slow enough to not be able to outrun TCP connection setup...?
>
>Hmm, maybe a minute?  I forget exactly.  It was like 4x slower than C++.
>(I'm running Linux 2.6test1 with dual AMD Athlon MP/2000's).

Probably be quite a bit quicker with psyco.  Psyco is generally quite a
bit quicker for looping things like this.

Is there no batch interface for creating connections?  Something where
you pass it an array of your required connections, then let it fly.
Batching apis are good for things like this where function call, and
function setup are so large.