[Twisted-Python] Twisted and Zope

Butch Landingin butchland at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 22:33:12 EST 2003

--- On  Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:56:06 +0200, Gerrit van Dyk <gerritvd at decillion.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to integrate Twisted and Zope. I saw a project on Sourceforge
> called twistedzope, but for some reason I cannot get anonymous cvs access
> to this product. Can somebody email the product to me (where can I find it
> except through anonymous cvs access), or am I wasting my time in looking at
> this.

Hi Gerrit,

I created the project and I'm in the process of preparing its initial release which I plan
to do sometime next week (barring any major hitches). I also plan to upload my local
CVS repository shortly after that to the SF cvs.

Currently,  the module already allows you to run the zope3 http server over  twisted's
reactor framework. I'm currently working on the zope3 ftp server which  I plan to
finish before releasing the package.  I also wrote a minimal TAP plug-in that can configure and
run
the zope3 http server  using mktap and twistd..

Some other stuff  that I'm playing around with:  configuring  twisted wire protocol
servers (e.g. daytime, echo) using the Zope3 ZConfig configuration package.

If you're interested, you could serve as my sanity checking guinea pig :^) -- meaning I send
a release candidate to you and you can try to follow the instructions and see if  it runs
on your system.

Regards,

Butch Landingin