[Twisted-Python] Serving web pages: Using frames, and re-rendering one frame's con tent from a separate frame, and colors

Hegedus, Matthew S matthew.s.hegedus at lmco.com
Tue Oct 28 19:13:04 EST 2003

I have set up a top level xhtml template that has multiple frames for other
xhtml templates. In one of these frames I have a button, and when it is
clicked I want to update some data and then display this data in another
frame.

I have coded a FrameClass(page.Page) which will in turn instantiate other
Page subclasses that are responsible for rendering each frame's
corresponding xhtml file. All of my attempts end up rendering the "foreign"
frames xhtml inside of the current frame in which the button was pressed.
Hopefully I haven't made this too confusing. Any ideas?

And about colors... I use lmx to help create some xhtml but when I do
something like this...

   lmxnode = lmx(node)
   d = lmxnode.div()
   t = d.table()
   t.tr(bgcolor="eeeeee")

... trying to set the table row's background color to a light grey (hex
value "eeeeee") has no effect. If I explicity type something of the sort
into a static xhtml file, the color is correctly displayed. Anyone know
what's going on?

By the way, thanks for the previous help on handling input - I was messing
up the html form tag.

Matthew