[Twisted-Python] Re: Compile failure in 1.1.0rc1 Windows

Mark Evans v6kk1hg02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 27 10:06:24 EST 2003

> Errors display, yes, but in latest versions of Twisted it just means
> these specific C modules won't build. They are all optional. In other
> words, just ignore it.

Well, that's not a good answer (but thanks for it anyway!).
I mean the errors don't just display, they stop the entire
distutils process - it halts right at the error, and installation
does not complete.  So that is a BUG, clean and simple.

Anyway to the main point - why is this custom header being
used; or if it is not custom, why is it used in a custom
location?  All you need to do is fix that, and it would
work fine.  Someone needs to look at his header directory
structure and compare it against the standard one(s).  It's
just a config issue, and a simple one to fix.

I'd also like to plug Digital Mars C++, which is very compatible
with Microsoft Visual C++ (e.g. makefiles and such) but FREE and
superior from every angle -   http://www.DigitalMars.com
(No, I am not using it in this thread at all, just MSVC6sp5.)

If it were up to me, all of Python and all Python projects would
use DMC for Windows ports.  DMC used to be Symantec C++, now
in private (and better) hands - the original author's.  Blazing
fast speed, highly optimized output, advanced C++ features,
awesome technical support.  Blows MS tools out of the sky.
Shame that open source projects haven't caught on yet.  Oh yes,
it works with the MS Windows SDK, and handles inline assembly.

Thanks again for the wonderful TM lib,

Mark