[Twisted-Python] Cred and perspectives

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Oct 8 14:46:42 EDT 2003

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:52:30 -0600
"Justin Johnson" <justinjohnson at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Are you saying Avatars should be used instead of Perspectives?  I have
> a PB service with a bunch of perspective_* methods.  I'm now trying to
> add a web interface that has certain levels of privileges associated
> with the logins.  Currently it would just be and Admin role and a
> normal User role.  Do perspectives not fit into this anymore?

For non-PB protocols, there are no longer perspectives (for pop3 the
avatar is a mailbox, there is no perspective). For PB, the avatar is a
perspective (typically a subclass of pb.Perspective).

Priviliges and roles are no longer cred's responsibility (the whole
"lets map x perspectives to an identity and stuff"). Write your own
system on top of it if you need to.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting