[Twisted-Python] Leaking memory with twisted-web

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Oct 8 04:38:48 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 04:25:32AM -0400, Alex Levy wrote:
> I am using distrib.ResourceSubscription and ResourcePublisher to link a
> user-run web server with Moshe's twisted-web. I've noticed something
> very odd going on; my twistd process will progressively hog memory and
> CPU time to the point that the entire server slows down. Here is a
> snippet of what's happening:

I think I know what's happening. Do a "netstat |grep twistd-web-pb".

If you have lots of connections to the same .twistd-web-pb, this is
because of a bug that was recently introduced to web.distrib, when
Jerub refactored it to use Woven. It stopped caching connections to
the personal web servers. :-( I fixed this in CVS yesterday. I will
try to get another alpha out soon.

Unfortunately, I think this bug made it into 1.0.7 :-(, although I'm
not sure.

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com