[Twisted-Python] FTPClient storeFile help.

Oisin Mulvihill oisin at enginesofcreation.ie
Tue Oct 7 13:36:28 EDT 2003

Jp Calderone wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:20:06PM +0100, Oisin Mulvihill wrote:
>

>>Jp Calderone wrote:
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>When I run this I get as far as the line:
>>
>>   d = s.beginFileTransfer(fileObj, consumer)
>>
>>This is where it now seems to be hanginig. The file transfer doesn't
>>appear to be happening. I noticed from the docs on beginFileTransfer(),
>>that it takes 3 args: file object, consumer & transform function. I tried
>>adding a transform function to see it gets called with the data, read from
>>the file, however this never occured.
>>

>  This suggests to me that the data connection is never actually being made.
>
>  Try adding errbacks to all these deferreds and seeing if any of those are
>being called.
>
>  Jp

I'll look into it further, but as far as I can tell the connection is
being made. An empty file does get created on the server side.
I've I killed the ftp server and the errbacks get called, informing
me of the connection loss. Would this indicate then that maybe
the file sender isn't doing its job? I'll look into this as well. Any
further suggestions would be welcome,

Thanks,

om

--