[Twisted-Python] plugin vs. dropin

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Nov 26 15:24:50 EST 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:49:46 -0500 (EST)
"Phil Christensen" <phil at bubblehouse.org> wrote:

> i'd like to be able to make a sort of plugin that when the plugin
> package is in the path, it interacts in arbitrary ways with my main
> application. however, i don't think i'd want it to appear in mktap, as
> that doesn't really make sense in this situation.....or does it?

You can have different types of plugins. For example, mktap uses one
kind of plugin, but twisted.lore uses another. IIRC there's a type
keyword arg that indicates what kind of plugin it is.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting