[Twisted-Python] Possible bug in from twisted.internet.app import Application ?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Nov 25 22:44:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:04:00 -0800
jjanecek at telusplanet.net wrote:

> I am running freebsd with python 2.2.2 and twisted 1.10

> application.ListenUDP(XXXXXXXX) it will not listen on the required UDP
> ports and returns None.

This is for a reason, too complicated to get into (in 1.0.7 it would
sometimes return None as well, in some cases). You should upgrade your
code to use twisted.application instead of twisted.internet.app, which
is deprecated.

Also, sounds like you want to be doing reactor.listenUDP.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting