[Twisted-Python] UNIXServer and its socket

Moshe Zadka twisted at zadka.site.co.il
Tue Nov 18 06:09:45 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Matteo Giacomazzi <matteo.giacomazzi at email.it> wrote:

> In my application I have a server that listens on a UNIX socket.
> When I kill the application, the socket file remains in the filesystem
> so  when  I  restart  it  I always achieve an "Address already in use"
> error.

I'm guessing you're using 1.1?
It's fixed in CVS, so when there is a new release, it will be fixed.
I'm not sure what your best course of action, though:
* Live with it, and wait for new release
* Move to CVS, wait for new release to move back to released version
* Implement some work around, wait for new release to remove it

I'm sorry there aren't better news than "it was a bug, we fixed it" --
twisted.application is quite a bit of code, and testing in the field
frequently finds more bugs. You can rest assured that the bug was
not merely fixed, but a unit test added to make sure it doesn't
come back.