[Twisted-Python] model question

vicky lupien vlupien at drummonddesigns.com
Mon Nov 17 14:44:36 EST 2003

I have a web based application.

I want to create a model from a sql query that will be accessible from
the web page.
I want to be able to create my model in the setUp fonction.
I also want to access my model from the web page like this:
model="plan_id" (where plan_id is a column from my sql query)

I don't know if someone understand what I want.

Here's a part of my class:

class SummaryDB:
    """PublisherDB Class"""
    def __init__(self, dbpool):
        self.dbpool = dbpool

    def getSummary(self, plan_id):
        sql = "select * from plan where plan_id = '%s'" %plan_id
        return self.dbpool.runQueryDict(sql)

class SummaryPage(pages.BasePage):
    templateFile = "summary.html"

    def initialize(self, dbpool):
        self.dbpool = dbpool
        self.db = SummaryDB(self.dbpool)

    def setUp(self, request, *args):
        # I want to do somethings like :
        # self.model = ({'details' : self.db.getSummary(plan_id)}
        # and then, access to details by my web page
        self.contextMenu = menus.build_search_menu()

And here's my template:

            <head>
                        <title>
                                    Title
                        </title>
            </head>
cellpadding="2">
                                                <th class="header"
colspan="2">
                                                            Sommaire
                                                </th>
width="25%">
                                                            Number
width="75%" model="details/plan_id">&nbsp;2165</td>    #plan_id is a
column from the sql query