[Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Nov 13 20:09:51 EST 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, at 6:39 PM, Hegedus, Matthew S wrote:

> Philippe Lafoucrière mentions his favoring of a forum over a mailing
> list. A
> forum sounds much better to me. Topics can be nicely separated, past
> knowledge can be easily searched, and email inboxes can be freed from
> much
> clutter (or at least make room for spam). Is it not too late to
> implement a
> forum?

Well, others (and elsewhere, myself) have given the reasons that the
labs won't host a forum, but I think it would be great if someone else
would do so.  I've said before that the Twisted community needs more
than one medium for communication, it seems that enough people here
have a preference for forum software that it's viable to set one up.

Please send me a link to put on the tm.com site when you do so.