[Twisted-Python] Deferred model

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Thu Nov 13 19:29:50 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 05:04:15PM -0500, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 10:14:16PM +0100, Philippe Lafoucri?re wrote:
> >
> > > I'm sure this has been answered a million times before, but here goes...
> >
> > I'm sure too. But I proposed a long time ago (and several times) to use
> > a forum instead of a mailing list...
>
> This is a terrible excuse. Not only do we have our *own* archives:
[...]

And, of course, the mailing list isn't the only source of documentation.
The official docs are far from perfect, but they're getting better (over 300
pages as a PDF, when I last checked!).

For cases like this question, there's the FAQ.  I've just checked in an
addition to it that hopefully addresses this question.  It should be visible
here in a few minutes, once buildbot does its thing:
    http://twistedmatrix.com/users/warner/doc-latest/howto/faq.html#deferreds-aren't-magic

-Andrew.