[Twisted-Python] Forum vs. mailing list

Robert Church rc at pgdn.org
Thu Nov 13 18:59:54 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 05:39:42PM -0600, Hegedus, Matthew S quipped:
> Philippe Lafoucri?re mentions his favoring of a forum over a mailing list. A
> forum sounds much better to me. Topics can be nicely separated, past
> knowledge can be easily searched, and email inboxes can be freed from much
> clutter (or at least make room for spam). Is it not too late to implement a
> forum?

As Mr. Armstrong just explaned, you can do all this and more with
the existing mailing list archive. It's here:

http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python

You don't need to be subscried to the list to read the archive. Topics
are nicely seperated. Posts can be easily searched using google. Is it
too late to use the tools we already have before dumping 'em for a
bulletin board? Hm?