[Twisted-Python] Deferred model

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Thu Nov 13 13:33:36 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 11:39, Philippe Lafoucrière wrote:
> where do I put my blocking code ? just before the defer.succeed ??

I'm sure this has been answered a million times before, but here goes...

Deferreds do not magically turn blocking code into non-blocking code. If
you place blocking code in a wmfactory_ method, it will still interfere
with the event loop.

If you have blocking code, you can either rewrite it in a non-blocking
manner, or you can use a separate thread to run it.

If you give more detail about what you're trying to do, I'm sure one of
the Twisted gurus can explain what the best approach(es) might be.

Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_