[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-commits] Somehow the waker still messes up cfreactor, never installing waker for now

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Nov 12 00:22:28 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:43:23 -0700
etrepum CVS <etrepum at wolfwood.twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> Modified files:
> Twisted/twisted/internet/cfreactor.py 1.3 1.4
>
> Log message:
> Somehow the waker still messes up cfreactor, never installing waker
> for now

That means threaded programs with cfreactor will be really slow.

I think the issue is that the unix waker uses python sockets. You
probably want to write your own waker using whatever APIs you are using.

While we're at it - warner, could we have the mac os x reactor also run
tests with cfreactor?

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting