[Twisted-Python] Twisted and mod_python?

Patrik Blommaskog pb_twisted at olga.mine.nu
Tue Nov 11 10:31:54 EST 2003

I am wondering about the feasibility of using mod_python in an Apache server
to make PB requests to a Twisted application.

That is, I have a Twisted application which servers PB requests, e.g. a user
manager. I also have an Apache server. I would like the Apache server to
present dynamic web pages based on the contents of the user manager
application, to act as a web front end (e.g. create/erase/modify user
properties). I was thinking that it could be possible to use mod_python and
Twisted to act as a client to the user manager.

My questions are:

1. Is this possible, fesible and/or reasonable? If so, any hints or examples
would be welcome.

2. Any alternative/better solutions?

I suppose it would be rather easy to use CGI instead, but I'd like to
explore the options.

- Patrik