[Twisted-Python] Adapting RemoteReferences

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Mon Nov 3 07:43:10 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 11:41:14PM +1000, Sam Jordan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the general opinion on having a standard way to adapt
> RemoteReferences to specific interfaces which basically just
> wraps callRemote for each respective method?

  I think the preferred approach is the opposite.  Instead of taking remote
references and trying to treat them as local, take local references and
treat them as remote (this makes sense from an interface enforcement
consistency point of view, too -- it's easier to throw away some information
than you have than to pull information you don't have out of thin air).

  See twisted.spread.util.LocalAsyncForwarder.

  Jp