[Twisted-Python] Woven example for article, Part II

david mertz ibook at gnosis.cx
Fri May 30 16:23:10 EDT 2003

Moshe Zadka wrote:
 > Software doesn't break when Twisted upgrades.

Glyph Lefkowitz
|While I echo the general sentiment, I think it's a little overconfident
|to be making this claim unqualified.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but my first try at the woven
tutorial example produced a DeprecationWarning as part of its traceback.
My first thought seeing that was that I probably needed an *earlier*
version of Twisted, rather than a *later* one, to make the example work.

As it turns out, that warning was misleading, since I was apparently
using an older Twisted version with a newer server script.  I'm not
going to bother sorting out exactly what is deprecated, current, and
phased out... but I think I've figured out enough to determine that
Glyph has the better advice: less than everything stays backward
compatible.