[Twisted-Python] Woven example for article, Part II

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri May 30 12:53:35 EDT 2003

On Friday, May 30, 2003, at 01:56 AM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

> We only offer stability info, we don't control your mind. :-)

Who's "we", kimosabe - mind control is certainly on my agenda.

>> How comfortable should I be with these modules?

The modules that you mentioned have mostly accurate stability info,
with the exception of banana - we tried to stabilize that one before we
had enough users, performance testing, and security auditing, so there
are some tweaks that will be happening in an upcoming rewrite.
twisted.internet.interfaces looks like it's a little inconsistent,
though -  Itamar, would you look into updating that?

If it says "stable", then we are committed to changing things very
little, and providing extensive (and probably indefinite) maintenance
of the existing interface even if things do change.

If it says "semi-stable", you can probably only join IRC when releases
happen and ask anyone if the changes are likely to impact you.  (You
could attempt to infer this from CVS logs and the ChangeLog file, but
considering the quantity and subtlety of changes that happen each
release, it's probably for all concerned just to ask.)  These
interfaces will change seldom and typically be well-announced if
anything major happens.

If it specifically says "unstable", you should be tracking CVS and on a
first-name basis with at least one Twisted developer, preferably the
maintainer of the module of your choice :).