[Twisted-Python] Woven example for article, Part II

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Fri May 30 01:23:40 EDT 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003 23:02:59 -0400
david mertz <ibook at gnosis.cx> wrote:

> Moreover, I have not encountered any change log that addresses woven
> version differences in any detail.  Quite possibly there is such a
> document, but I do not now know where it is.

The ChangeLog usually doesn't cover code that is unstable. In general,
*always* use the latest version of Twisted. Certain parts are pretty
stable (e.g. the networking core in twisted.internet), but other parts
are under continous development. It's not good that the docs don't
mention what's in a given version of Twisted, but we have enough work on
our hands writing them and keeping them up to date.

Typically, unless the module has a docstring saying the API is stable,
it probably isn't. There will usually be a backwards compatability layer
if changes are made, though. Woven's been pretty good about that, and is
now settling down into stability.

Twisted developers will typically develop off CVS, since we're always
adding features we need for our own projects.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
http://www.zoteca.com -- Python & Twisted consulting