[Twisted-Python] Perspective / Client confusion

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Thu May 29 16:37:49 EDT 2003

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 10:31 AM, Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:

> Since I'm using PyPerSyst to persist all the application data, I could
> also
> store user information there and use that to determine what a user
> can/cannot
> do, rather than rely on Perspectives.  But I'm not sure that is the
> right
> approach.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Perspective is a very simple concept, with an almost-equally-simple
representation.  It just means "a token representing the user's
presence and permissions within the context of a particular service".
So, you should be able to use PyPerSyst to store Perspective subclass
instances as the "user information" that you want to keep in your
application.