[Twisted-Python] XMLRPC getting calling host

Wari Wahab wari at home.wari.org
Wed May 28 00:46:18 EDT 2003

Heiko Wundram wrote:

>I've come to the point where I need to query the IP an XMLRPC request
>came from. In UDP, you get it served when the call to datagramReceived
>comes through, but I've not seen any attribute of the XMLRPC class, or
>of the underlying Resource class which states anything about how to get
>this attribute. Is it possible? And if, how?

Just a stab in the dark here, but I believe it's possible to override
the render method to get this information via the request parameter.

Something like:
from twisted.web import xmlrpc
class MyXmlRpcHandler(xmlrpc.XMLRPC):
    def render(self, request):
        self._ip = request.something # Get IP information here
        xmlrpc.XMLRPC.render(self, request)
    def xmlrpc_method(self, *args):
        # You can now use self._ip for this instance of MyXmlRpcHandler

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in the request object object, but every
known html info about the request is available there.