[Twisted-Python] Re: SOAP and XML-RPC stuff

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Mon May 26 14:24:15 EDT 2003

Andrew Bennetts:
 > Obviously you can't have multiple things listening on port 7080.
Perhaps
 > this should raise an exception, though, so as to not seem like it can.

I figured the first was the case, but I didn't know if there was some
way to support content negotiation appropriately, so that a SOAP request
on a given URL goes to one handler and an XML-RPC request on the same
URL goes to another handler.

(Someday I would like to play around more with conneg, so I think
this is cute, but the realistic side of me says it's a bad idea.)

 > I suspect you can probably do:
 >    from twisted.web.resource import Resource
 >
 >    root = Resource()           # An empty resource

Bingo!  It works now, and I'm one step further on my way to
Twisted Enlightenment.  Thanks Andrew!

BTW, I looked up twisted.web.resource on the doc page at

http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/TwistedDocs/current/api/

I don't see 'twisted.web.resource' in the 'Everything' section
in the lower left, which means it should be labeled 'Not Quite
Everything.'  ;)

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com