[Twisted-Python] SMTP patch

Jp Calderone exarkun at intarweb.us
Thu May 22 23:02:53 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 11:05:24AM +1000, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 04:48:35PM +0200, Anders Hammarquist wrote:
> > Make sure to drop any references to the file object containing the
> > message data.
> >

> > +        if code in xrange(200,300):
>
> I think a much better way to do this is:
>
>     if 200 <= code <= 300:

    Interestingly, there was a thread on PyPy-dev on this subject.  I think
I agree with the line of thinking that says "x in y" expresses the intent
more accurately and at a higher level than "a <= x < y".  xrange() is a hack
though, so I would use range() :)

    BTW (the real reason I'm replying), I haven't forgotten about this
patch.  I'll try to get to it as quickly as I can.

  Jp

--
"The problem is, of course, that not only is economics bankrupt but it has
 always been nothing more than politics in disguise ... economics is a form