[Twisted-Python] LivePage InputConduit only example

Mario Ruggier mario at ruggier.org
Thu May 22 17:41:42 EDT 2003

> By popular demand, an example of using LivePage without the
> OutputConduit, and all the problems inherit with it. With this
> technique, you can build DHTML-style applications using pure,
> server-side Python. The only drawback of this technique is that you
> can't update the user's Browser without them having initiated an
> action on the client side first. For many applications, the ability to
> dynamically replace parts of the page in response to events on the
> client browser (onclick, onchange, etc) will be enough.
>
> I would really appreciate compatibility reports for various funky
> browsers for this example. I have tested it and it works on:
>
> IE Win
> IE Mac
> Mozilla Everywhere
> Safari OS X

Nice, and very magical...

Do not know if you noticed this already, but this problem on
Safari beta 2 (v74) seems to be consistent:
- load url: http://localhost:8080/dhtmlLivePage/
- click to increment number, once or more times
- reload page (with the reload button, not by "retyping" the url) gives
   the following error inside the iframe (id is different each time...):

   exceptions.KeyError: woven_id_8423856

(Twisted CVS of a couple days ago, post 1.0.5).

Cheers, mario